For those who dare to wear Crystals on their Collar.

Thursday 17 April 2014

Happy, happy, happy.
I don't think there's any other way to describe today's vibe. Happy Friday, happy long weekend and a very happy start to the two week semester break for all those mentally drained and relieved Uni students like me (Although my holidays will still be filled with work on assignments due straight after break, ugh!). With this being said, I think today is a perfect day to share my first post with you all, so welcome to The Crystal Collar

Monochrome, gold and denim. I'm loving this combination almost as much as the new show I recently discovered called 'Super Tiny Animals' (You should check it out. It has only intensified my unhealthy obsession with teacup sized animals - uh oh), especially for that awkward Autumn weather that just can't decide whether it wants to be warm or bitterly cold.

I couldn't resist pairing this number with a little gem I found recently in Sportsgirl, my black 'Harriet Panama' floppy hat. I had spent weeks searching top to tail for a Winter statement hat that was suitable for everyday wear, so as I walked through Sportsgirl's doors just the other day, it's safe to say that I almost shed a few tears of happiness. Hats of all different colours and sizes were stacked across the shelves, rich maroons, smoky greys, wide brims and caps. If you're looking for a hat to keep up with the current headwear trend, Sportsgirl is the place to start your search. From beanies to panamas, hats are definitely a hot trend for the winter season! (Plus, they're a handy tool for lazy "I can't be bothered to do my hair" days - Can I hear a hell yeah?)

Pairing monochrome with gold accessories is a simple and subtle way to speak the language of street glamour. Add trashed denim to the scene and you have yourself an edgy 'street style' outfit with a dash of class and a teaspoon of character. I have combined various textures to keep the eye busy, contrasting the currently popular black and white striped tee with a transparent black lace blouse to add sophistication to a trending look.

Three quarter length and boyfriend style jeans are another big staple trend for this Autumn. Pair them with ankle boots for an everyday look, or heeled boots and chunky, statement accessories for a night out. The high-waist on these versatile 'Ziggy Denim' jeans from Glue Store is such a flattering cut, it can make any outfit look exceptional. These denim baby's are probably the most worn item in my wardrobe at the moment!

Hope you're all making the most of this flawless, sunny weather today. Let's hope it hangs around for the rest of the long weekend! Have a safe and relaxing Easter with your family and friends, and don't listen to anyone who tells you not to eat too much chocolate (Come on, it's Easter, we can do what we want). Look out for my next post, coming soon.


Mads
x


Brands and Stores:
Hat - Sportsgirl (http://www.sportsgirl.com.au/)
Necklace and watch - Lovisa (http://www.lovisa.com.au/)
Tee - Mink
Lace Blouse - Ladakh (Purchased from http://www.gluestore.com.au/)
Jeans - Ziggy Denim, Sticks & Bones Jeans in Vintage Trashed Denim (http://www.gluestore.com.au/)
Boots - Lipstik shoes

I also taught myself how to fish-tail braid thanks to a wonderful invention called YouTube. I followed an easy, five minute tutorial by Luxy Hair at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTrE-lrStGA.  Check out her channel for more simple and flattering hairstyles!


 
 
 
 
 

 
Black and Gold Details and Lacework

       
Looking for another way to style your jeans and ankle boots? Here's an example I prepared.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.